As a commercial boiler installation company TBM are required to ensure that our clients heating systems are able to provide adequate comfort and warmth in the commercial buildings and offices which we manage.
The worldwide RPS Group who specialise in strategy planning have been a valued client of Total Building Maintenance for over 5 years. We carry out planned preventative electrical and gas maintenance plus reactive repairs to a number of RPS sites in the Northwest.
Commercial Boiler Repair & Diagnostics
A commercial boiler at one of their sites had deteriorated over a prolonged period of time and after the latest annual boiler service our engineer determined that the boiler was unfit for further use. The appliance was made safe and isolated. A new boiler was needed but a direct replacement of the original boiler was not possible.
Due to the small size of the boiler room we needed to problem solve before the new boiler was installed! Our solution to upgrade the heating system was to make alterations to the existing pipework and components in order to install a correctly sized commercial boiler with a suitable heat.
Installing a New Commercial Boiler
All commercial boilers are installed with safety as the primary focus. Our workmanship is carried out to the highest quality and here’s how we did it.
- Isolate applicable gas, water and electric supplies to boiler and heating system
- Drain heating system and de-commission existing appliance
- De-commission existing flue system
- Install new commercial boiler (220kw)
- Install new vertical flue system and termination including supports
- Install control module, sensors and end user controls
- Make alteration to pipework with supply of all materials for alteration and extension
- Install plate heat exchanger for hydraulic separation
- Make electrical alterations as required for boiler and control installation
- Test and commission full installation
- Register installation with manufacturer and Gas Safe
Conversion from a 20 year old boiler installation inevitably required electrical alterations… Our experienced commercial electricians provided the necessary skills for completing alteration of the wiring.
Final testing and commissioning carried out.
With the installation complete, the heating system was filled and chemically inhibited. All electrics were tested and final testing was carried out on the gas supply including tightness testing and purging of the pipework.
With an operational boiler and controls, commissioning records and compliance documents were completed.
Explaining the operation of the new system and handing over to the customer was the final task of the installation,